Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tennessee


I finally went to visit Ezzie down in Tennessee. Always think I'm spelling that wrong! Anyways, I arrived there Wednesday night! I got a voicemail on the way down that Jacqui was sprayed by baby skunky. She was trying to introduce it to the cats! Well, she survived and I was not around for it-good thing! It wasn't bad though-first time and all-just letting us know! Good thing that Heather was nearby-she came over with lots of tomatoe juice!


Ezzie picked me up at the airport and we went to her house in Clarksville. I finally met her five year old daughter, Emily. She is so precious-she won me over in three seconds! She loves Hannah Montana-like Tiff. Had a great time singing the songs in the car driving Ezzie crazy.


Then I met Troy, who I managed to convince to go on facebook-yea Troy! He is a sweetie and a great cook! Ezzie is a notary and busy like a bee! She had her blackberry buzzing non stop-I'm so proud of her!


Apparently I bought the Maine weather down with me since it was the coldest that Tennessee has ever seen since the 1890's-felt like home! Wish I bought more sweaters! I bought clothes prepared for heatwave weather. Oh well!


She bought me all around and even drove me to Kentucky to see the market at a Mennonite farm-wonderful! Got a pic of the sign-cool. Then we went to see her family who I have known since little-they all moved down from Boston. It was like we never parted!


We all went on field trips together. There was her Mom (Mom II), her step-dad; Danny, his daughter Darlene and her daughter Siobhan, Ezzie, her Emily and her brother Erik. We went to the Trace where we went to Fort Donelson-weird seeing the "other side" of the civil war, and then to the range to see Bison, on to the Homestead Museum-where there was a historical farm with a wonderful gift shop and then to Paris Landing where there was an all you can eat buffet-YUM! Had fried catfish, and other fried southern food. That was Saturday.


Sunday; hung out and got the boarding pass for home and then everyone came over for a cookout. Troy cooked up a great meal of steamed crab legs, shrimp etc and then the sweet potato casseroles from Mom II and it was soooo YUMMY! And then after Troy lit off some fireworks!


Ezzie even drove me to a Piggly Wiggly so that I could take a pic of that-don't have that up here! YEA!


Finally, I had to go home and on the way while I was waiting to catch my next flight home from Baltimore-I got a voicemail that my little sister was in labor with her second child. I found out on the way home that she had a little girl named Caroline Grace! Welcome to the world little Caroline! I cannot wait to see her and my little man Dylan-her big brother and my very own little sister! See y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment