Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gone Fishing

Hopefully with all of this rain I can stay online long enough to write this. I tried last night and was bumped off and no blog recorded. So here goes. I'll write fast on this....

Finally got my fishing license and on the first day my friend Papa Skiddles taught me how to bait the hook with icky worms-which I survived and then to reel em in. The fish were biting like crazy and brought home seven that day from a Lake in Cheddahville. Yea! Then I had my next lesson. I had to take them off and cut off their heads and gut them and then to finally roll them in alluminum foil to put in the fridge. We caught pan fish. Which means they went right in the pan to cook for dinner. I feel so proud as a Momma that I can put suppah on the table. Finally another lesson. I had to scale them and to cook them on the stove. Not bad- Tiffy likes the sunfish and I prefer the perch. On another occasion we caught more fish and Heather bought over some bass! I had to put a stop to it so that we can catch up on eating them before catching anymore! The girls caught several fish as well, I am so proud of my babies!

Then the rain came! It still has not stopped and relented a bit for a break. My garden was late going in and is fighting the weeds. Evertime I had some time off-it rained, so my garden is a jungle-very unusual for me. I love my garden. Second year in a row that I was not able to plant any sugar snaps or beans. It is very hard finding bush beans-only pole beans. Oh well!

Also, my sheep are becoming quite adept at swimming-for their field has become a lake almost with all of the rain! I had to purchase for them some goggles so they can find their stalls and all! They were very appreciative of that! My dog Bart has become captain of the ocean-looking for those doomed at the field-sea outside of his dog house!

The girls did get some four-wheeling in on my field, before the rest of the season washed out!

We have only been able to have one fire in the fire-pit (essential for Maine living-though now becoming obsolete with this new climate change!). We cooked steaks on the hibachi and marshmellows and smoars (however you spell it!) as usual-we need some more of those nights. Very cold as well. Have to load up the blankets at night and the days have only been in the upper 50's! So much for summer! Hopefully it will clear out for the fireworks this weekend!

Finally I am proud of my oldest daughter for getting her first apartment in Westbrook! You go girl! And of her boyfriend-my adopted son Dave who graduated with honors at CMCC and then on to USM! You go boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment